According to the Urban Dictionary, dating is where two people who are attracted to each other spend time together to see if they also can stand to be around each other most of the time, if this is successful they develop a relationship.
Your first date could be very interesting and lively only if you know top questions to ask on the first date. Because of the limited time, it is really important to know the top questions to ask on the first date. One thing you really don’t have is the luxury of time. If you are too shy, you are out of the picture. No one wants to date someone who does not talk, is boring or nervous. So, before going for dating you must prepare yourself and be confident. You must be ready with a series of interesting, impressive and enjoyable questions that will keep the conversation lively and thrilling in that period.
ALSO READ: 18 Signs To Know If He Has A Crush On You
Are you going for a date and you are clueless about questions to ask him or her? This article provides top questions to ask on the first date:
- What do you do for work? It is an introductory question. It may reveal the professional status of a person but little about his personality. So move on to another question.
- Where are you from? – This reveals background. It throws better light on the person.
- What is the one thing about yourself that you would like me to know? More insight into personality.
- When was your last relationship and how long did it last? A probing question that will open up the communication.
- What are you looking for in a relationship? You can both instantly compare whether you match in this area. SEE: Common Signs Of A Bad Relationship
- What do you think is the most important value in a relationship?
- Do you want to marry or have you ever been married? This is important because it will reveal if both are moving in the same direction.
- What do you look for in a husband/wife? To know the qualities he/she wants in his/her partner.
- Do you want/do you have any children? An important question if you are looking for a long-term relationship and your partner is not.
- What do you do your leisure time? – This will show whether your leisure activities match. Maybe you are an introvert and she is an extrovert person.
- What do you value most? This shows the basic values of the person – whether he/she values money or clubbing/intellectual pursuits.
- View on religion: Is religion important to you? This is important because living together means understanding on certain basic issues like religious beliefs.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? ALSO READ: How To Show Love To Your Girlfriend
- What is your most treasured possession and why? What a person is sentimental about reveals a great deal about his personality. Is it his/her gadget or a gift presented by a parent?
- Favourite book/movie? Both of you can discuss why you like a book or a movie – it gives further insight into personality.
- What is the last book you read and when?
- Favourite job or occupation? This throws light on likes and dislikes.
- What are your favourite music and your favourite singer/band? Do you share musical tastes? 19. Do you like keeping pets? Do both of you like keeping animals or it is one-sided?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time? Watch out if he/she has or has no definite plans for the future.
- If you were an animal in the wild, what would you be? A silly, amusing question to get the laughs.
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
- If you have an opportunity to travel back through time, what single mistake would you correct in life? What are the deepest regrets of a person?
- You have got six months to live, what will you do first?
- Is sexual compatibility important to you? Do you have similar opinions? SEE: 10 Things Guys Want From A Lady
- If you won a lottery worth millions, how would you spend it? Amusing question just for laughs.
- Who was the first crush you ever had?
- What makes you happy/sad?
- What is your favourite T.V. program? Do our tastes match?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is your favourite actor/actress/celebrity and why?
- Who is your favourite sportsperson?
- What is your favourite sporting activity?
- Favourite genre of movies – comedy/thriller/action?
ALSO READ: How To Know If Your Man Really Loves You
KEY TIPS: THINGS TO TAKE NOTE ON YOUR DATE
Be confident. You must act confident even if you are not.
Introduction. You must make proper introductions.
You must go about the dating event with a positive attitude.
Dressing. Be attractive and dress well.
Do not tell a lie
Avoid interrogative and controversial topics. This will make your dating boring and uninteresting.
There are numerous other questions you can ask on a date to make your date an interesting and remarkable one. The trick is to select from among these the questions that are closest to your heart and whose answers are important to you. Also, remember never to cram what to say or questions to ask; go with a free and open mind so as to enjoy your date.